Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3km, 2km & 1km reps at the track

I was not looking forward to todays walk.  I remembered how tough this was last week and this week I was going to do it by myself.  I find that I often have better work outs when there is no one to talk to or worry about.  So I figured that with this walk being pretty tough it will be a good guide for me to how I am doing and if I am able to still push myself.

I was to do 3km - rest/recover for 4mins - 2km - rest/recover for 3mins - 1km

I had decided to not look at my watch except to press lap each time I did 400m - that way it is me gauging my pace not the watch.  I started out and felt really good.  I felt light on my feet and was not breathing too hard.  By the 5th lap I was starting to feel tired and had to tell me self its only two more keep going......I pressed stop as I crossed the 3km mark and I didn't want to look.....I was sure it was slower than last week....OMG 16:50

I had 4 mins rest/recovery and then started out on my 2km.  My legs felt tired but again I settled into what felt like the same pace as before.  I checked my time split on lap 2 and again it showed I was doing 2:15 per lap....that felt great....I kept going and pressed stop as I crossed the 2km mark.......again I was really surprised 11:18

Then I had 3mins rest/recovery before starting out on my last 1km.  I was still feeling great, legs were tired but I didn't feel exhausted like last week and I didn't feel like I was struggling.  I pushed hard for the last 200m and finished my last km in 5:34

I felt like doing a little happy dance in the middle of the track.  I felt great, had a fantastic workout with bettering my times from last week all round.  Although this does put a little more pressure on for next weeks on.....but we shall see ....

3km data - 16:50
3km track 1st leg
2km data -11:18
2km track 2nd leg
1km data- 5:34
1km track 3rd leg

No comments: