Sunday, January 02, 2011

20km Out and Back - Atawhai

Todays walk was UGLY!!!!

I tossed and turned all night - with neighbors dogs barking for hours and two very amorous hedgehogs getting jiggy with it out side - I got very little sleep. I did get up at 4am and make some weetbix so I at least had some food for energy.

I had made plans to meet up with Stephen and Pete but Pete had injured him self on the 10km and also other plans for the day. So Stephen joined me to keep me company. We agreed that I would set the pace and he would tick along beside me. I dont really know what time I thought I would do. In past months I had gone out and done 20km in 2hours 7min.....so I was aiming for 2:10 at least. The great thing about doing it at 8am was there was high cloud so we didnt get sun until the last 30mins....Yay.

By 2km I knew that was not going to happen. I was tired, really tired. My tips of my second toe were already hurting and there was 18km to go. UGH!!! Having Stephen there was a great distraction as I am sure I would have stopped at 10km and just thrown it in. So I was pretty consistent pace wise....it was just very slow. I really should not have done the 10km walk the day before.

So............a positive.............I did it.   In a very slow 2:13:41

Came home - showered and then headed to the Port Races (Motorbikes - Formular 1, Super motard and classics) after standing for 5 hours and sniffing in my fill of avgas, we headed for home and to the aircon as it is now stinking hot. Now I am resting with ice on my feet. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day.

20km Out and Back - Atawhai

No comments: