Tuesday, January 04, 2011

3, 2, 1km reps

I have never done a work out like this before and was very nervous. I had no idea of what pace I should or could do.

It was certainly not my fastest ever 3km but I was happy with it never the less. Plus I was so pleased to have got that one out of the way, I was silly to think...yay its only going to get easier now.

The 2km things started to get a little ugly, my first km I was struggling to get my legs to work and my last km I was very disappointed to see how much I had slowed. It had helped me that Stephen was doing 1km reps and so at times was right behind me but on the two km as he came up behind me even he said...you are slowing down....and walked past me and pulled away. I couldn't sit behind him for that last part of the 2km.

So now it was my last one km. I started out and got to the first 100m mark and felt dead....my legs were like jelly and I thought that I was not going to be able to keep the pace up for 2 more laps. My saving grace was the fact that Stephen had timed one of his 1km reps to match my last rep so he was right behind me and pushed me to keep going. I didnt look at my watch this round and just pushed through the 400m, then the 800m. Stephen encouraged me to keep pushing and at the last 50m pulled out beside me and really made me push hard for the finish. I was so shocked to look at my watch and see my last km time. Wow......... now I need to learn how to push myself like that!!

so here are my splits

3km - 17:12
2Km - 11:32
1km - 5:36

total data for my work out is here. I did the km splits as I went.
3, 2, 1km reps by kyisis

1 comment:

Tammy said...

those are incredible times. way better than i have ever done for that workout. great job!!!