Friday, January 28, 2011

hard track session - but worth it

Today I had a really tough session on the track.

I was to do 3 x 2km with 3min rest in between, 1 x 1km with 2mins rest and then 2 x 500m

Today was another stinking hot day and I had to do this after work which meant I was at the track at 2.30pm.  I had filled up my water bottle but left it in the car for the day....so by the time I got to the track it was hot water!!! yuck yuck yuck...but it was all I had.

I started out and remembered that my coach told me to take it easy on the first one as I had to conserve my energy for the whole workout.  So I eased back a little and got into my stride.....by the 4th lap I was breathing hard and had to keep telling my self...just once more round.  This repeated for the next 2km set but by the last 2km set ... I was had it so I decided not to look at my watch for the last 2km and just pressed lap as I went round....I was really surprised to get home and see it was the same time for my second 2km.....hmmmmm

Now I had the 1km to do... I had hoped to push out and get a good time but my energy was lacking and I was soooo thirsty.

But I did give it my all on the last sets .... 2 x 500m  I really stretched out and pushed hard and funnily enough they too ended up being the same time....

Here are the links to my data
1st 2km lap    - 11:22
2nd 2km lap   - 11:42
3rd 2km lap   -  11:42
1km lap          -  5:43
1st 500m lap   - 2:42
2nd 500m lap  - 2:42

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow, those are VERY good on a cool day, never mind on a HOT day. Great job!!!!!! You are really fit and going to have a FAST time at Buller!