Monday, June 20, 2011

3, 2, 1, 4 x 500m track

I really dont like these workouts.....but funny enough when its done I feel great!! go figure.

it was perfect weather today, not too sunny with cloud. So it was about 13 degs today and after my 3km I ended up stripping my long sleeve top off. I actually cant believe that its mid June and I am training in short sleeves and shorts......

Today was my fastest 3km on the track and I felt great. This continued for the whole work out .... only trouble was me hitting stop instead of lap so even though I actually did do 4 x 500m only 3 have been recorded.

I felt like I was getting faster and faster and a couple of times took stock of my self as it was feeling effortless and I was worried I was breaking style...but then I realised that for the first time I was actually rolling off my feet and using my glutes. What a HUGE difference.

So here are my splits

3Km
5:14
5:14
5:14 - 15:38

2km
5:13
5:16 - 10:29

1km
5:17 - 5:17

500m
2:32
2:30
2:29
2:27 -

Total time for 8km = 41:22

3, 2, 1, 4 x 500m track

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow, I am SO impressed - you are ready! Bring on the competition! You will crush them all!!!!!

True confession, too - I'm envious of your times. At the same time I'm happy for you, friend :). You deserve your success, as you have worked so hard for it. This is a tough workout and you did it beautifully. Congratulations to you.